Peace and Security
- Culture of Peace Initiative, 2007-present
- Imagine Worcester and the World Television Show, WCCA-TV, Founder and Hostess, 2008-present; Joseph Baratta interviews Virginia Swain.
- Reconciliation Leadership Certificate Program
- Reconciliation Leadership Certificate Program Courses taught at the United Nations: The Practice of Reconciliation Leadership, Writing a Mission Statement, Designing and Implementing Interventions for Global Change, The UN and the Harmonisation of Nations, 2002-present.
- Ceremony to Honor Graduates of the Basic Reconciliation Leadership Programme and those who completed their Mission Statements with the Patron of the Programme, Mr. Anwarul K. Chowdhury, United Nations High Representative and Under-Secretary-General and Ms. Virginia Swain, Director, Institute for Global Leadership, December 8, 2006, United Nations.
- Peace and Security Perspectives from an International Civil Servant and a Citizen Diplomat United Nations, Wednesday, February 2, 2011
- A Peace Initiative in The Sudan, The United Nations and Emotional Intelligence, At the UN in New York, Thursday, December 16, 2010
- WCCA-TV Channel 13 Soapbox Television interview of Virginia Swain, December 8, 2010
- The Practice of Reconciliation Leadership, with Dr. Sarah Sayeed, Hartford Seminary, Hartford, CT, Thursday, October 30, 2008.
- Co-Founder, Worcester Learning Group with Michael Halperin, Fallon Clinic, 2007
- Why Mission Statements Matter, Worcester Learning Group, November 27, 2007, Fallon Clinic and Worcester Public Library, January 24, 2008.
- Our Passion & Organization Development: Meeting of the Worcester Local Area Group Massachusetts Bay Organization Development Learning Group, June 19, 2007 at the Fallon Room, Worcester State College.
- Co-Presenter, The Change Café, The Worcester Organization Development Learning Group, Fallon Clinic, Tuesday, May 9, 2007.
- “A Peace Movement Launches in Worcester” Interview of Virgina Swain about the Culture of Peace Initiative, by Noah R. Bombard, Worcester Magazine, November 15, 2007.
- Founder and Organizer, New Leadership Models for Worcester, United States and the World: A Call to Action Conference, Beechwood Hotel, Worcester, MA, May 1, 2007.
- Presenter, Leadership as Vocation, January 8, 2007, First Unitarian Church, 90 Main Street, Worcester.
- A Leadership and Practice to Reconcile Challenges in a Post-September 11th World, Virginia Swain and Sarah Sayeed, 2006, for a paper for the Journal of Human Dignity and Humiliation Studies, December 2006.
- "Turning to the Light of God Within," published in the Daily Word, December 2006.
- Presenter, Mining the Defining Moment, Leadership as Vocation, All Saints Church, 20 Irving Street, Worcester, MA, November 12 and 19, 2006.
- "As I See It- A Remedy for Political Incivility." by Virginia Swain, Worcester Telegram and Gazette, October 30, 2006.
- Presenter, The Practice of Reconciliation Leadership, A Distinct Vocation for a post-September 11th World, at the International Conference of the Association of Conflict Resolution, Celebrating Our Past, Shaping Our Future. October 26, 2006, Sheraton Philadelphia,
- Presenter, The Practice of Reconciliation Leadership and A Mantle of Roses, September 27, 2006, New England Holistic Counselor Association in the Special Collections Room of the Salve Regina University Library, Newport, RI.
- Author Book Talks: A Mantle of Roses: A Woman’s Journey Home to Peace
- Saturday, September 30, 2006, Borders Books, 142 Providence Place, Providence, RI.
- Saturday, September 23, 2006. Barnes and Noble Books, Lincoln Plaza, 541 D Lincoln Street, Worcester, MA.
- Thursday, September 21, 2006, Borders Books, Downtown Crossing, 10-24 School Street, Boston, MA.
- Saturday, August 12, 2006. Borders Books, 476 Boston Turnpike Road, Shrewsbury, MA.
- Presenter, Mining the Defining Moment, Wednesday, September 20, 2006, New England Holistic Chamber of Commerce, at Johnson and Wales Save the Bay, Providence, MA,
- "Finding peace through inner strength: Worcester writer helps others chart course in turbulent times," by Pamela Sacks, Worcester Telegram and Gazette, September 1, 2006.
- Presenter, Building Trust with Your Child, Wednesday, August 23, 2006, Holistic Moms Network, St. Luke’s Church, Pleasant Street, Worcester, MA.
- "Dedicated Visionaries Keep Faith in World Governance." by Albert Southwick, Worcester Telegram & Gazette, March 19, 2006.
- Reconciliation as Policy: Moving Beyond the Victim-Perpetrator Model, December 2004 by Virginia Swain and Sarah Sayeed, prepared for Columbia University conference on Human Dignity and Humiliation, 2005.
- Reconciliation as Policy: A Capacity-Building Proposal for Renewing Leadership and Development, by Virginia Swain and Sarah Sayeed, 2005, prepared for the 2005 Conference on Humiliation and Violent Conflict, Columbia University, New York.
- "Learning to Lead in Harmony." by Art Simas, Worcester Telegram and Gazette, March 14, 2005.
- "Local Expert Backs UN." by Mark Melady, Worcester Telegram and Gazette, December 26, 2004.
- "Partners in Peace," Salve Regina, September 2002.
- Virginia Swain: Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, One on One by Allen W. Fletcher, Worcester Magazine, November 8, 2001.
- “Gaining a New Outlook on Life and Its Possibilities,” Interview of Virginia Swain by Art Simas, Special Sections Editor, Worcester Telegram and Gazette. September 14, 2001.
- Member, Task Force on Codes of Conduct for Civil Society Organizations and Corporate Engagement Project, CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, 1998-2000.
- Moderater, panel discussion. Panelists from Prevent Genocide International and Rwandese Jesuit Priesthood on Rwanda Genocide at Summer Peacebuilding Institute, Eastern Mennonite University, June 1999.
- Plenary speaker, Ethics in Leadership, Ethics Conference, Mt. Holyoke College, 1998.
- A Vision of 21st Century Transformational Leadership,” in Global Education Associates, Breakthrough Magazine, May 1998.
- Co-author and Presenter, "International Cooperation: Its Roots in International Cooperation and Personal Responsibility" (with Dr. Joseph P. Baratta) at Global Ascendancy: Local Challenges in Education and Development. Comparative and International Education Society, Northeast/Midwest Regional Conference, Buffalo, October 1994.
- Participant, Working group of scholars/practitioners with Dr. Herbert Kelman. Program on Conflict and Analysis (PICAR) Center For International Affairs, Harvard University, 1994.
- Co-facilitator, Strengthening Peacekeeping with Dr. Joseph Baratta at Global Structures Conference, Washington, D.C., September 1993.
- “Report on the Earth Summit,” Connecticut Forest and Parks Association Newsletter, 1992.